It seems entirely unlikely, but Vaseline has been around for more than 140 years.
Yes, gooey petroleum jelly is, in fact, older than the lightbulb!
Even if you’ve never used it, odds are you have a tub of the stuff around your home. In fact, in 2005, every 39 seconds, a thing of Vaseline was purchased somewhere in the world.
While everyone knows that it’s great for healing dry skin and sores, the smooth substance is far more useful! Here are just a few of the other ways you can use it daily.
1. Make a fun and fruity lip balm with Kool-Aid and Vaseline.
2. Give furniture a distressed look with a little Vaseline and a coat of paint.
3. Unstick a feisty zipper with a dab of the jelly and a touch of elbow grease.
4. Make your perfume last longer by rubbing some Vaseline on your pulse points before spraying your scent.
5. Condition and strengthen your lashes by combing Vaseline through them before you go to bed. This will also help to lengthen them over time.
Be sure to wash off the excess in the morning.
6. Vaseline is a great makeup remover. Use it on your whole face or just to fix small spots with a Q-tip.
7. If you color your hair at home, rub a thin layer of Vaseline on your scalp to prevent dyeing your skin.
8. Similarly, rub the petroleum jelly around your nails. If you make any manicure mistakes, just wipe them away at the end!
9. Protect your pet’s paw pads from the cold and rougher surfaces by rubbing them with a little Vaseline.
10. Fix a squeaky door by applying some Vaseline to the hinges.
This also works for sticky sliding doors — put some Vaseline in the track and it should do the trick!
11. Keep your patent leather shoes shiny by fixing scuffs with some Vaseline.
12. Rub Vaseline on scratched CDs to preserve their sound and lifespan.
13. Reduce the look of split ends and do some good for your hair by dabbing your strands in a touch of Vaseline.
14. Get rid of annoying makeup stains from clothing, sheets, and more with a washcloth and some Vaseline.
15. Put some Vaseline on blackheads and cover the spot with plastic wrap. After about 15 minutes, remove it, and rinse — you should be looking clear!
16. Mix Vaseline with coarse sea salt and whatever essential oil (for a sweet smell) to make your own body scrub.
17. Rub some Vaseline in your baby’s brows to stop soapy suds from going into their eyes. It will reroute most of the water.
18. Cure everything from rough skin to athlete’s foot by applying Vaseline.
I didn’t know any of these awesome Vaseline applications! I guess I should be stocking up on this stuff.
Which trick will you try first?
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/vaseline-uses/