Come October, people start to get into a spooky mood. Scary movies play on cable and lawns are covered with everything from cutesy-scary decorations to full-blown haunted houses. A lot of these decorations show eerie pictures of bats or black cats…but these animals aren’t actually scary animals! Just take a look at these Halloween mascots being purely adorable for proof:
1. This teeny vampire just flew straight into my heart. Not to suck my blood, though.
2. I mean, just look at how small they are.
3. He’s just trying to get his healthy snack on.
4. He knows that bananas are a good source of potassium!
5. This one just wants a nap!
6. This little nugget kind of thinks he’s Batman, but he’s not sure.
7. He may look like a tiny Darth Vader, but all he wants to do is eat all the pesky mosquitos.
8. Lots of people think black cats will bring them bad luck…
9. But they’re just little weirdos.
10. Black cats are at risk around Halloween because some people do monstrous things to them.
11. So if you’re thinking of saving one of these special buddies…
12. Now’s the time!
13. I can testify that these masters of camouflage are the best friends you could ask for.
14. Yes, wolves are wild animals…
15. And you probably (definitely) shouldn’t ever walk up to one and feed it mango ice cream…
16. But they do apparently love fruity snacks.
17. It’s also highly improbable that they’ll turn into weird, furry humans in a full moon. (That’s how werewolves work, right?)
18. I mean, look at them around bubbles!
19. Oh, and owls?
20. They just wanna dance.
21. Seriously, show them a dance floor and they’ll be there.
22. And they’re really interested in everything going on, which is a wonderful quality to have in a friend.
See? That wasn’t so bad. Next time you see one of these guys doing something evil in a horror film, don’t believe it for one second!
Also, full disclosure: I couldn’t find any black cats quite as cute as mine…but that’s just a testament to how much of a grip these “unlucky” babies can have on your heart!