Eyes made out of mice. Skin made out of pigs.
2. This is Taylor Swift made out of emojis.
3. California-based artist Yung Jake creates killer celebrity portraits.
Instead of using paint, he sketches in Emoji Ink, an interactive website (soon to become an app) that allows people to use emojis as stamps to draw pictures.
This obviously takes an insane amount of skill, which was something we talked about during our texted interview.
4. Things got philosophical.
5. And though he didn’t exactly tell us how long the work takes him.
If it took him under 30 minutes, I might die.
6. He did ask if I had any requests.
And so his process (which takes less than a year since I’ve only been chatting with him for a few weeks) began.
7. Taylor’s bone structure begins with a few delicately placed hamburgers.
How he knows to do this, I have no idea.
8. Followed by fist pumps and scrolls.
Because that’s the obvious next step.
9. Turns out the CD emoji is a great highlighter.
To get that youthful glow.
10. Then shit gets real.
11. Her big baby blues come in.
12. And mice bring them to life.
13. And her tender skin is anything but Kosher.
A glowing, hot dog complexion.
14. Layer by layer, he builds beautiful T. Swift.
If this isn’t art, I don’t know what is.
15. And the finished product is pure perfection.
Heart you, girl!